woensdag 24 juli 2013

Chapter 29

TWENTY-NINE
Georgia crawled back up on the sunbed they shared and allowed herself a moment to look at Jon while he was still trying to get his breathing back to normal. To know that she made him feel that way by just using her lips and tongue was almost as satisfactory. Almost. He lifted his right arm so she could snuggled up against him and he started to run his fingers up and down her spine lazily. They laid in silence while Jon’s fingers continued their path across her body. She felt the tips of his fingers travel to her side, then upwards to the curve of her breasts, underneath the hem of her lilac bikini top. He chuckled lightly when he felt her tremble under his touch. When she looked up his full lips curled into a smile and he lifted his hand to brush his thumb across her cheek lovingly, before he went back to caressing the sunkissed skin of her sides, breasts, back and stomach, in the same slow rhythm.

They didn’t speak for what felt like an hour, but it could have been minutes. Georgia loved these silences as much as she enjoyed the conversations. And that told her that they were doing something right. It was the ultimate cliché Georgia never thought she would believe in, but oddly it was one of many that turned out to be true. With Jon anyway.

Then suddenly Jon was also the one to break the silence.
“Come with me George…” he whispered. His voice still hoarse from his latest orgasm. Georgia tilted her head a little to look aside at him. “Jon, honey, I think I just did… a couple of times.” She smiled involuntary as flashbacks from the last couple of days drifted back in. He chuckled softly and stared up at the bright blue Tuscan sky. She was close to making a reference to his eyes in her mind but stopped herself right on time. Not another cliché! “No smart ass, come on tour, don’t go home… stay with me.” She rolled over and lifted her head now to be able to look at him. He still wasn’t looking back. “Jon…” she began, hearing the disappointment and regret in her own voice as she continued. ‘Don’t do this… don’t say these things you know won’t happen.” He shook his head now, still looking up. His hands folded behind his head. Then he continued as if Georgia never said a word. “I’ve needed you from the day we met but now… this… I need you to stay with me.” When he turned his head then, and fixed his eyes on her, the resemblance to the blue skies were gone. She saw honesty, fear, lust and confusion reflected in them. He reached out a hand to her again and followed the way of the small braid on top of her head with his index finger. She closed her eyes, confused, and found herself wondering if they could really do it. “I’ll figure something out,” he whispered.

Those words were what made her sit up straight and she crossed her legs underneath her. “No,” she said. He pulled his hand back and blinked hard in surprise. “No,” she said again. “If we are going to do this I won’t settle with ‘I’ll figure something out’. You obviously think we can pull this off and I need you to show me that we can. Talk to me.”

She trusted him. Hell, she trusted him more than she probably should, considering the circumstances, but she also understood that taking her on tour would be a serious risk. A risk he didn’t have to take, shouldn’t take. But he obviously wanted to, which meant that he thought it was worth it. But this time she wasn’t just going to back her bags and follow him to wherever he wanted to, like she had done this time. She wanted to know exactly what the plan was. She wanted to be part of it. She wanted to know what exactly was waiting for her. Because then, if something would go wrong, she only had herself to blame.

“’Cause,” she continued, “If I’ll figure something out means: ‘I’m gonna lock you in my room to hide you and you’ll have to cycle from city to city because you obviously can’t travel with us and I’m not paying for it either’, I’m not sure if I want you to figure something out.” He laughed. “I hadn’t thought of that yet, that’s actually not a very bad idea you know.” He cocked an eyebrow at her and smirked lazily. His eyes sparkled now, and they were hopeful. He probably thought that she would turn down the plan right away. And she should have. But he wasn’t the only one on this vacation and she had felt everything he felt. And at this point she would do a lot of things to be able to spend a few more weeks with him. “Good thing I’m in good shape then…” she said and he laughed again. “And I thought I was too, until I met you…” in the short silence that followed he put on a more serious face and shook his head again. “No,” he said. “We obviously gonna have to tell some people. The guys in the band, Matt and my manager, maybe even a few crew members, but it’ll surprise you how lonely life on the road is. I don’t have to see anyone if I don’t want to.” “But what does it mean if you tell the boys in the band…”

He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. “In all honesty… I have no idea. My wife is… she is the mother of my children, has been my wife for over 20 years, my girlfriend longer than you’ve lived on this planet and this… You are the first reason I ever considered leaving her for.” He took a breath, frowned and continued. “No, let me rephrase that: know I will end up leaving her for and that scares the hell out of me. So right now all I know is that I want to be with you this summer and that I am willing to share with the people closest to me on the road that this is what is going on right now and that is… all I can give you at this point and it’s up to you to decide what you wanna do with it.” He stopped, curled his lips into a faint smile and shrugged his shoulders.


“There, I talked to you.”

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Woo hoo! We got a new chapter! Welcome back, you have been missed.

    Can't believe Jon was honest with her and told Georgia she will be the reason he leaves Dorothea. That was most honest, heartfelt talk he has had with her. Love it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. glad yjis is back as well! I like the way she makes him tell her the truth that is something he needs. can;t wait for nore!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. just checking back for an update - would really like to see you continue its such an interesting story.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. ooohhh I feel so bad right now, I will post a new chapter asap. It's been so busy D:

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen